Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

Default Fancy name for electronic track cleaner.

ian field wrote:

If I wanted it for model railway use, one of the first things I'd try to get
away with is a couple of capacitors on one side of the rectifier to make it
a voltage doubler - not sufficient capacitance to significantly increase
traction current but enough to double the peak voltage when crud insulates
the wheels from the track, say about 0.22uF mylars. The rheostat was usually
a simple variable resistor (not a potential divider) so the doubled peak
voltage would be applied when contact was lost, at any rheostat setting.

Why don't you learn to trim what you're replying to?

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida