Posted to sci.electronics.repair
clifto clifto is offline

Default VHS-C to VHS

Sam Goldwasser wrote:
I was given some VHS Compact Videocasettes (from a friends camcorder).
They nolonger have the camcorder and would like me to save the videos to
DVD.

Get an adapter. Once you screw up a tape trying to transfer it to another
cassette, you can also ruin your VCR. And, if the content of the tapes are
valuable, even more so. Whoever's asking you to do the transfer will
fork over $10, right?

Aren't there professional places that will run the video through a TBC and
otherwise recover much nicer video, for a fairly reasonable fee?

--
If you really believe carbon dioxide causes global warming,
you should stop exhaling.