Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
clare at snyder.on.ca clare at snyder.on.ca is offline

Default Electric cars

On Wed, 26 Sep 2007 12:09:38 -0700, "
wrote:

I have a Jack & Heintz R1 400 amp aircraft generator. I'm going to the
Delta steamboat meet near Rio Vista Ca. this weekend and plan to take
the generator along to sell it as there are many do-it-yourself people
there.

The two main reasons that someone would buy this generator are to
build a welder or as a motor for an electric vehicle.

I have found several websites with directions and schematics for
building welders but have not been able to locate much info on using
this type of generator as a motor.

Does anyone know of a source of this knowlege that I can print out and
show to prospective buyers?

Engineman

Don't know where you will find the printed info., but I ran a 1975
Fiat 128L coupe on a 400 amp aircraft Generator years ago. I used a
simple dual voltage control (24/48 and field weakening for speed
control.