Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Another bargain for the Aldi fans

On 2007-09-26 13:45:32 +0100, (Steve Firth) said:

Nope that's merely psychological quirk, you think it is slower, it's
actually faster, and when using Windows and other GUIs with menus tied
to window bars it takes longer to find the menu than it does if the menu
is fixed.

.. not forgetting the dock.

On windows what I want is in icons on the screen, and n a mac its in the
dock. No difference really.

If I need something else in either case I have to use a finder type tool.

No..the mouse movement up to the extreme screen top s a pain, as is
finding a subwindow buried behind other windows.