Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Another bargain for the Aldi fans

Bob Eager wrote:
On Wed, 26 Sep 2007 20:55:57 UTC, Andy Hall wrote:

SMB to a Linux server, or servers. TCP conns need to be 'kept alive'

NFS is probably better, but I loathe it.

Depends what you are doing. I've never had an issue so I presume that
any connections re-establish on their own which seems reasonable.

Actually, NFS is stateless and connectionless. That's one of the reasons
locking is so hard, and why caching is also problematical.

and why it survives a network outage or a machine going down.
And why it screws up royally if a machine editing a file leaves a lock
on it and goes down..