Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

Default replacing a thermost without ability to turn off electricity

On Wed, 26 Sep 2007 14:48:45 GMT, Bennett Price
wrote:

What sort of heating do you have? If its electrical baseboard there may
be 120V at the thermostat.

I should have thought about that. Do they make programmable
thermostats for such systems?

wrote:
I would like to replace my thermostat in my apartment with a digital
programmable thermostat.
I don't have access to turn off the electricity to my HVAC system and
I don't want to involve the landland (I can always change back the
thermostat when I leave).
Do most thermostats run off of a 120v power control? Is there any safe
way to replace the thermostat without being able to cut electricity to
the HVAC?
Thanks