Posted to alt.home.repair
hobbes hobbes is offline

Default Store lawn mower with full or empty tank?

On Sep 25, 9:12 pm, "Dave Bugg" wrote:
Joe wrote:
I've heard that you should use up all of the gas in the tank before
it's stored for the winter but I watched this Youtube video and the
guy says Briggs and Stratton recommends to fill the tank before
storage. What is the CW on this?

I've always stored my gas-powered tools filled with gas. I always use
gasoline that has been treated with Sta-bil.
--
Davewww.davebbq.com

Me too. I usally put the Stabil into the empty petrol container first
before I go to the filling station. That way the Stabil is mixed well
and acts on the "fresh" petrol. I have never had any issues with
petrol deposits. I just store the mower over winter basically "as is".
Half full, full or empty ....

Best, Mike.