Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

Default Motel AC/heater

On Tue, 25 Sep 2007 19:27:35 -0400, "David Martel"
wrote:

mm,

I'm not sure what this follows up but repairs to the heat and AC should
be done by the landlord or his agents not by a renter.

Thanks, but he's going to tear down the building and build houses.

So he won't fix it and we wouldn't ask him. We're only there because
he's being nice to us (and the rent we pay, and I really wish I knew
how much that is. It might be only 1000 a month, or 3000, or
something else altogether. We were told how much was the sale price
was and how much the check was, and I'm guessing the difference was 3
months rent, but frankly I've forgotten how much the check was for.
It's gotten to where I can forget an number within 5 seconds. )

We were going to be out by the end of October, but we've asked for two
more months, and he'll probably give it, unless he's ready to start
building. (The real estate slump may delay that, but I don't know how
much slump there is here.)

If I can't fix this, I'll suggest a pro but it is probably not worth
the money for as long as we are going to be there. I don't know all
the details of that. And it depends on how cold it gets, and on how
much the other heater in the room can do, and on if we can have any
effect with portable electric heater(s). And how soon we find another
location.

Dave M.