Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
[email protected] machinamentum@gmail.com is offline

Default RF 45 or Chinese Knee Mill

On Sep 23, 1:17 pm, wrote:
Hi,

I am looking at adding a milling machine to my home shop. I can
either buy a RF45 (Taiwanese Rong Fu, not a clone) or for
slightly more a Chinese Knee mill with coolant and power feed. Both
will probably do what I need. Can anyone give me a push in one of
these directions? I have basically restricted my search to a mill with
a square column/dovetails.

I know it would be better to get a used Bridgeport, or some other
American Iron but where I am (Western Canada), these machines (well
used) are typically 5000 USD+ used, which is more than I want to
spend.

Thanks for any guidance you can provide.

Chris

Thanks to everyone who responded.

Chris