Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Pete C. Pete C. is offline

Default $980.50 PC Board in Lincoln 185 TIG

Ignoramus30458 wrote:

On Tue, 25 Sep 2007 18:00:13 -0700, RichD wrote:
I know what you mean about the dirt sucked into it. Wow!
What a cleanup job that was.
Well, it happens I was taking a 2 year "Machine Technology" course
at the local college that also has a welding tech course.
Guess what ALL stick/tig the machines are?
With permission, I opened up an idle machine, since these are
relatively new to see what the new guts look like and what the fan
control is as I had heard that you could have bought a kit to add
the fan control. The manuals they had also had the diagrams, so
I came away with the info and did some shopping. It's fairly easy
to do. Add a relay (120V fan on/off) and 2 NC temp sensors.

NC???

Failsafe perhaps? Broken wire turns the fan on? Haven't looked at the
manual yet.