Posted to sci.electronics.repair
[email protected] captainvideo462002@yahoo.com is offline

Default Cannot boot from Dos

I just put together a 686 to transfer dos files from an ailing 486's
hard drives. I was intending to use interlink or laplnk to do this.
For the secons computer I found an old 1 gig (approx) hard drive with
windows 95 on it. I reformated it from a dos 6.2 disk I had and
installed dos 6.2 on it. I then transfered the system from the floppy
to the hard drive. I got a "system transfered" message and assumed
that I now had a bootable hard drive. The problem is that it will not
boot from the hard drive. Command .com now shows to be in C:\ but I
can't seem to figure out what I did wrong. Does anyone have any ideas?
Thanks, Lenny Stein, Barlen Electronics.