Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ignoramus30458 Ignoramus30458 is offline

Default $980.50 PC Board in Lincoln 185 TIG

On Tue, 25 Sep 2007 15:14:49 -0500, Pete C. wrote:
RichD wrote:

I repaired my Miller Synrowave 250 the second time it broke.
I have the early production one (old style board). The output
just goes ON at some fixed setting. Panel control or foot peddle
does nothing.
The schem. did come with it. Turns out they used a now obsolete
op-amp that was prone to fail. No pin for pin modern replacement.
I cross wired a new op-amp type in to check it out, and all was well.
Ebay turned up plenty of the old type. Swapped it out and.. Viola!
I put the thermal fan control mod in it while it was open.
RichD, Atlanta

Not sure whether my 250 is new style or old, it's about 1995 vintage. I
should add the thermal fan control on mine since in home shop use it
would hardly ever come on and would reduce dust ingestion substantially.

Do you know, though, which points to monitor for temperature?