Posted to uk.d-i-y
Clive George Clive George is offline

Default Another bargain for the Aldi fans

"dennis@home" wrote in message

"Clive George" wrote in message
"dennis@home" wrote in message

I bet half the stuff you run is open source ("linux") too.

and

I prefer vanilla SVR5 myself as its easy to write STREAMS modules if you
need near to real-time response like you do in telephone exchanges.

Seems deeply strange to me that somebody who is claiming to be a unix
programming guru (the implication of the latter statement) doesn't
understand the difference between open source and linux.

I understand that Linux is a kernel which is a copy of the interfaces in
unix but not the actual code (I have seen the source for both BTW but I no
longer have a source tape for either).
I also understand that most people don't know what linux is and I don't
want to confuse them.

You're in a thread arguing about nerdy stuff - I think it's safe to assume
that anybody still participating is unlikely to be confused about what Linux
actually is.

(and you still haven't really explained that you know the difference between
linux and open source)

clive