Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Mounting horizontal radiator vertically... is it possible?

RobertL wrote:
On Sep 23, 6:03 pm, mike wrote:

We have a large space to heat with very little available wall space.

I've had a look for vertical rads and not really found any "normal"
ones, and I'm not inclined to spend a fortune on a designer one,
particularly when it doesn't have the BTUs required to heat the space.

We have the same problem. We also found that the tall thin rads are
all 'designer' rads with tiny heat outputs and huge price tags. We
worked out that running an equivanlent electric heater would be
cheaper (even over 10 years) than buying a designer rad.

have you considered mounting a series of small conventional rads one
above the other?

Robert

I might just have got it. Why not make a rad from pipes like the
first rads were done? They had a row of many vertical pipes, plumbed
together along the top to the outlet at one end, and plumbed together
along the bottom to the inlet pipe. Simple, characterful, and dust
gathering, but a duster should clean it up pretty quickly.

NT