Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andy Hall Andy Hall is offline

Default Another bargain for the Aldi fans

On 2007-09-25 17:13:28 +0100, John Rumm said:

Out of curiosity, how is the mac handling RS232 devices? Does it
recognise the various RS232 to USB adaptors? (which IME have
difficulties working correctly on XP in many cases - I had to buy three
to find one that let me use my old Wacom tablet)

There has been an issue with drivers for some USB adaptors when used
with OS/X on the Intel platform. It seems to depend on the chip used.

I've been using the Keyspan one pretty much daily for over a year. It
has Intel drivers from the vendor and I've had no problems at all with
it.

It will also switch elegantly in and out of guest environments such as
Parallels and VMWare with the Windows driver coming into play.

I have one or two legacy Windows applications requiring serial
connectivity that I run on one or other of these environments and they
work as well (or as badly) as they ever did on Windows.