Roger Shoaf

Default Modifying "Gorilla" shelving

"Norm Dresner" wrote in message
If you're familiar with the "Gorilla" brand of shelving you know that it's

steel framework on which (IIRC)MDF shelves are placed. I have a site in

my
shop where I need something like this, but only have 42" of room and

Gorilla
units -- and everything comparable -- is sold in even foot widths. I'd

like
to take a Gorilla unit and cut the transverse pieces to 42" length but

that
seems like an awful lot of backbreaking work with a hacksaw. What power
tools might be suitable for doing this? (I'm especially interested in
something I might be able to conveniently rent for a few hours and only

have
a sedan to haul it in).

TIA
Norm

Get a case of beer and trade it for cutting the shelf supports.

The advantage to this is it is cheap, and effective. Probably a lot cheaper
than dealing with a rental yard.

--

Roger Shoaf

they come up with this striped stuff.