Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] ds549@webtv.net is offline

Default A/C opinions?

in my rental units, i have to say the trane is the most trouble
free overall. with rheem in second. the goodman and others had
electrical component failures after a couple years. this leads me to
belive trane used better electrical components and seem go 20 years
without problems overall. the size of your ductwork has alot to do with
how well a system will work, to small and youll never get the full
efficiency of the unit. for example,my rentals had too small return
ducts , sizing them up correctly made a huge difference.keeping the
outside and inside units clean is also a must for keeping the system
working at peak and long life. i dont have electronic filters,but if
you have allergies they are worth it, but must be kept clean also .
lucas