Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.building.construction
SteveB SteveB is offline

Default How to get rid of a cinder block wall????

"Lacustral" wrote in message
You cracked me up Especially the . I do not
have, nor have ever had, a manicure.

At least some of the blocks do have the centers filled with concrete.
Yes it would be better to get the blocks out whole. I know I can give
those away or sell them, and trying to get rid of a mass of concrete
chunks is a real disposal problem. Dumping them in the woods seems
rather antisocial So it sounds like the idea of renting
a concrete saw is the best. There are cracks in the mortar here and
there - there are huge changes in temperature here. So some of the
cinderblocks might come out with a big prybar, I have one of those
(a dangerous instrument!)

There are windows nearby and I've thought, probably best to protect them
with a sheet of drywall.

That silly "decorative trim" wall really gets in the way ... maybe it is
fairly easy to just get rid of the thing ...

Laura

You will only know AFTER you have taken it out. Please advise us as work
progresses as to how easy/hard it was to take out.

Steve