Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default AA battery hack secret

lew hartswick fired this volley in
:

DoN. Nichols wrote:
I'm
trying to remember the designator for the *big* single cells with a

pair
of knurled nuts on the top for connection (or sometimes a Fhanestock
clip for each terminal). Those may have been 'G'. I know that as a

kid
I made lots of things working from those.
Enjoy,
DoN.

"doorbell" batteries. :-)
...lew...

My favorite toys at age 11 were a pair of WeCo "test batteries". Each
was a dry cell pack totalling 48V with a Fahnestock clip at each 6v tap.
What a cool thing for a kid to create mayhem with!

My VW microbus had a tube radio with a non-syncronous vibrator supply.
(it also had an electrically-wound mechanical clock in the dash... every
five minutes or so, you'd hear the solenoid yank the winding pawl --
Clunk!)

LLoyd