Posted to uk.d-i-y
[email protected] zikkimalambo@connectfree.co.uk is offline

Default Coiled Flex - where to buy?

On 25 Sep, 09:26, 1970alr wrote:
Does anyone know a source of coiled mains flex? I'd like to replace
the flex on mu handheld blender with one to avoid the tangle it came
fitted with.

A coiled kettle lead would do, I can cut the connector off easily
enough. I've googled "kettle coiled flex" and got lots of safety
advice for avoiding scalded children: "Have you shortened your kettle
flex or bought a coiled flex?" etc., but not a single link to a
supplier.

Thanks
Andrew

It's a great idea in theory, but it doesn't really work in practice
(unless there is better stuff than i've tried) It just acts like a
short cable, and if you extend it then it pights you (until such time
as it goes all knotted (not long)).

A much better idea would be to fit a round section cable rather than
the flat cable that most double insulated appliences seem to come
with . This will behave much better.

If you really must do it, then RS used to stock various coiled flexes.

HTH