Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.building.construction
[email protected] alvinamorey@notmail.com is offline

Default How to get rid of a cinder block wall????

On 23 Sep 2007 18:37:08 -0400, (Lacustral)
wrote:

How would you demo a small cinderblock wall? It's about 20 cinderblocks
long, not attached to anything except to a section of wall I want - but
there's a crack between the section I want to take out and the section I
want, so that may be fine. It's about 3 cinderblocks high, the bottom
cinderblock was apparently halfway buried in the ground as a footer. It's
mortared. I don't know if it has any metal reinforcement, it probably
doesn't need any.

Laura

Use a chisel on the mortar and pry them apart. Save them if you can,
someone can always use them. Sure, a sledge hammer can do lots of
demolition, and you can work your ass off and do the job a little
faster at the expense of excessive sweating, but then you got to clean
up all the busted blocks and find a place to dispose of the junk. I'd
rather spend a little more time separating the blocks, and reusing
them, or giving them to someone else to use. It's easier to move 60
whole blocks than pails and pails of busted up junk.

Oh ya, if you are a redneck hillbilly and get really drunk. Slamming a
car into the wall is a great way to wreck the car and your
marriage.