Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.building.construction
aemeijers aemeijers is offline

Default How to get rid of a cinder block wall????

"Edwin Pawlowski" wrote in message

"HeyBub" wrote in message

I suppose it could happen, but I've seen cars on cinder blocks, in
someone's front yard, for DECADES and the blocks haven't crumbled yet.

Probably will sit many more decades. OTOH, a block that was sledged out
of a wall may not be quite as strong or can have stress cracks in it. I'd
not trust my life to it.

Even as a kid, I knew to only use SOLID concrete blocks under a car. I
preferred to use timbers, if I had them on hand. Even with a solid block,
I'd use a piece of 2x above it to reduce the chance of a metal edge
splitting the block. And I'd never crawl completely under a car held up like
that, just use it to hold up a corner where I had a wheel off or something.

aem sends...