Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
DoN. Nichols DoN. Nichols is offline

Default AA battery hack secret

According to Michael A. Terrell :
"DoN. Nichols" wrote:

[ ... ]

trying to remember the designator for the *big* single cells with a pair
of knurled nuts on the top for connection (or sometimes a Fhanestock
clip for each terminal). Those may have been 'G'. I know that as a kid
I made lots of things working from those.

http://www.islandregister.com/phones/bluebell.jpg

That's the size and shape -- but a bit older than the ones which
I used. Mine were mostly Eveready, and some were thumb nut terminals,
instead of the Fahnestock clips which were on this one.

Unfortunately -- that just said "dry cell", just as I remembered
for most -- but there *was* a size letter for them. (Or was it "No. 6"
instead?)

Thanks,
DoN.
--
Email: | Voice (all times): (703) 938-4564