Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
DoN. Nichols DoN. Nichols is offline

Default AA battery hack secret

According to Michael A. Terrell :
"DoN. Nichols" wrote:

That was not what I was suggesting. See below (use a fixed
pitch font to avoid distortion of my ASCII drawing.)

[ ... ]

Hmm ... what is the forward drop for a copper-oxide rectifier?
It has been ages since I have last seen them used anywhere except in the
rectifier in a multimeter or a panel-mount AC voltmeter -- which may
suggest that it is a pretty low drop. And it might be pretty easy to
make them as part of the strips bussing the cell groupings together.

How about Schottky diodes?

What is the forward voltage drop on those? I don't remember
ever actually using them in something. And what do they cost compared
to making copper-oxide rectifiers in place?

Enjoy,
DoN.
--
Email: | Voice (all times): (703) 938-4564