Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default $100 for a old 1/2 HP punch press

Ignoramus3778 wrote:

On Mon, 24 Sep 2007 07:25:26 -0400, Michael A. Terrell wrote:
spaco wrote:

A friend keeps reminding Me: "The punch press is ALWAYS trying to get you".

One got the hand of the daughter of a friend of mine in Ohio. She
lost most of her hand when she reached in at the wrong time.

Mike, how sad. Did they recover the hand in any way?

Only part of the palm could be saved I can't remember if she lost
the thumb, but she did lose all four fingers.. She was 16, and in high
school when it happened. Somehow, she was able to adapt, and laugh at
what happened. Her parents owned a business that made replacement parts
for antique cars. I don't remember if it was the 10 ton, or one of their
larger presses they used to make fenders, it was about 25 years ago. I
do remember that she had a wicked sense of humor, and loved to make
people laugh.

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell