Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ignoramus3778 Ignoramus3778 is offline

Default $100 for a old 1/2 HP punch press

Thanks to all. I brought the press home (rather, it is in my
trailer).

Some notes:

- It was VERY painful to maneuver my trailer in almost total darkness
(no streetlights on that street), into a narrow driveway at the dead
end of a street.

The flashing light that I made for it, saved my ass:

http://igor.chudov.com/projects/Home...Backing-Guide/

- The press was made by BLISS (no idea if it is good or bad).

- I want to clean it up and get into nice shape, maybe even change a
motor since I have a few spare motors.

- I want to try it out carefully (ie, keep hands in my pocket while
operating the foot pedal).

- I have not yet decided whether the press is worth the space that it
would take. My guess is that the answer is no.

- To my uneducated mind, it seems that most proper uses of this press
revolve around leather, not metal.