Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.building.construction
Oren Oren is offline

Default How to get rid of a cinder block wall????

On Mon, 24 Sep 2007 13:25:40 -0500, "HeyBub"
wrote:

N8N wrote:
Real cinder blocks do not make good makeshift jackstands, countless
redneck jokes notwithstanding. It's rare, but possible that they may
crumble under the concentrated weight of a car frame sitting on them,
which would be bad if you happened to be underneath the car at the
time and still inconvenient even if you weren't.

I suppose it could happen, but I've seen cars on cinder blocks, in someone's
front yard, for DECADES and the blocks haven't crumbled yet.

Some folks have mistakenly/wrongly placed or stacked blocks on their
side. They should collapse; almost immediately with a car lowered to
the block.

Front yard cars for decades are called "yard ornaments"

--
Oren