Posted to alt.home.repair
udarrell udarrell is offline

Default Replacing old AC units....Fridgidaire any good?

O wrote:

Time to replace a pair of 20 year old AC units (split system - replacing
inside and outside components) and all the old ductwork. My AC man is
recommending Fridgidaire units with a 16 SEER rating.

I've never had anything made by Fridgidaire so I was wondering about their
quaility / longetivity / etc. Any thoughts? Thanks.

Depending on your climate a 14-SEER may do as well as a 16.
http://www.udarrell.com/eer_seer_ratings.htm

Regarding the ductwork:
http://www.udarrell.com/sizing_ac_duct.htm

DISCLAIMER:
I assume NO responsibility for the USE of any information I post on any
of my Web pages, in E-Mails or News Groups.
All HVAC/R work should always be done by a licensed Contractor &
properly licensed Techs! This information is only placed on these pages
primarily for your understanding & communication with contractors &
techs. This information is also for the edification of Contractors and
Techs. Never attempt anything that you are NOT competent to do in a SAFE
manner! I am NOT liable for your screw-ups, you are liable for what you
do! - Darrell Udelhoven - udarrell

http://www.udarrell.com/ (Updated)
http://www.udarrell.com/my_pages2.htm
(* My Airconditioning Links, Hunting Shooting, Angus Cattle.)

Reality Is Not An Easy Thing To Be Confronted With, or to Accept!