Posted to alt.home.repair
trainfan1 trainfan1 is offline

Default Refrigerator extended service - do you buy it?

Joe wrote:
I bought a Kenmore refrigerator a year ago and the warranty just
expired. I just got an offer in the mail for a service plan that costs
$105/year. Is this worth it? I did have a little problem with my
compressor being off balance and had a tech come in and recenter it a
couple of months ago.

Your extended warranty should have been arranged at purchase time by
using a Platinum credit card. Most will double the Mfg. warranty up to
one additional year.

Putting the $52.50 into an interest bearing "appliance account" each
year, as recommended earlier, will put you ahead at this point. Use a
high interest account like ING Direct for even further savings.

Rob