Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Gripfill Cartridges

Stuart B wrote:
I bought a couple of cartridges of Gripfill yesterday from Screwfix
and noticed when I got home that they are constructed totally
differently from the norm .They have the nozzle built in to the tube
and according to the instructions you use a long nail ( or somesuch)
to pierce the cartridge after cutting the nozzle . You don't get a cap
either .

Is there a reason why they are made this way or is it likely to be to
save money in the making of them .Do they anticipate that in most
cases the full tube wil be used at one go and then thrown away .

Does this cause any problems in the useage of the cartridges
...because you cannot remove the nozzle as you can with the screw-on
ones ?

Mine were like that as well. I reckon it might be longer shelf life?

I've been using the No Nonsense range from Screwfix lately. Grab Adhesive &
Solvent Free Grab Adhesive I reckon are better than Gripfil. Silicone seems
good as well.

All comes with separate nozzle, no caps.

--
Dave
The Medway Handyman