Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.building.construction
N8N N8N is offline

Default How to get rid of a cinder block wall????

On Sep 24, 11:08 am, terry wrote:
On Sep 24, 12:37 pm, RickH wrote:

On Sep 23, 5:37 pm, (Lacustral) wrote:

How would you demo a small cinderblock wall? It's about 20 cinderblocks
long, not attached to anything except to a section of wall I want - but
there's a crack between the section I want to take out and the section I
want, so that may be fine. It's about 3 cinderblocks high, the bottom
cinderblock was apparently halfway buried in the ground as a footer. It's
mortared. I don't know if it has any metal reinforcement, it probably
doesn't need any.

Laura

Three Mexicans from you local Home Depot and it will be down and in
your dumpster in an hour.

If cinder blocks reasonably clean keep them or give them to someone
who can use them. We always have a few lying around here. Very useful
as extra blocks under if/when working on a car etc. In some areas just
stack em outside near the sidewalk and they'll be gone in the morning!
In windy condtions a cinder block or two hung on ropes can hold down a
tarpaulin over a roof etc. Keep a few anyway.

Real cinder blocks do not make good makeshift jackstands, countless
redneck jokes notwithstanding. It's rare, but possible that they may
crumble under the concentrated weight of a car frame sitting on them,
which would be bad if you happened to be underneath the car at the
time and still inconvenient even if you weren't.

nate