Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Rumm John Rumm is offline

Default Tools for Vented Dryer Hole in the Wall

Lobster wrote:

Unless you think you'll be making a habit of drilling holes this big, I
wouldn't even consider buying a core drill - they're pretty expensive
and as John says, it's dead easy to do it by chain-drilling. Remember
that the outside face will be covered by some form of grille anyway,
which will hide any slightly ragged edges to the hole.

I bought a diamond one to do my boiler flue, and anticipated that and
doing an extractor fan would be its only use... in reality I have nearly
worn it out now with all the jobs that come out of the woodwork ;-)

--
Cheers,

John.