Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Adrian C Adrian C is offline

Default TV-experiments

Jzz wrote:
Thanks for the reply,

Do you mean I have to arrange the signals to the SCART connector in
the print or on the cable? The cable I can manipulate (quite) easily,
but the print not.

The RGB signals will be coming from the print (circuit board) from a
graphics charactor generator chip. This will normally be connected to
the TV's high voltage tube circuits, which you will need to disconnect
and be very careful doing so.

Then you may have to adjust the level of each signal for 0-0.7V drive
for your VGA socket, and also provide horizontal/vertical
synchronisation signal. Which also may be another problem - you need
some practical experience here of understanding types of video signals
and how to design interfacing circuits.

You may find it a lot easier (and safer!) to work with an old video
cassette recorder as a tuner and use on-line listings rather than videotext?

--
Adrian C