Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default AA battery hack secret

On Mon, 24 Sep 2007 04:33:08 -0400, "Michael A. Terrell"
wrote:

Ed Huntress wrote:

"Abrasha" wrote in message
news
Ed Huntress wrote:
"Abrasha" wrote in message
. ..
Dixon wrote:
Here's a neat little trick to save $ on double A batteries if it's
true. If anyone here tries it post back.
http://www.break.com/index/how-to-sa...batteries.html
Bull****!

This is what's inside!
http://www.break.com/index/lantern-b...ick-fails.html

Besides, anyone with half a brain, can see, that those 32 batteries do
not fit inside that space!

Uh, I don't know which half you're referring to, Abrasha, but if it's the
half that multiplies, here are the relevant numbers:

AA - length, 50.5 mm, diameter 14 mm

Six-volt lantern battery - height, 115 mm, width and length, 68 mm

32 AA's fit in there with room to spare.

--
Ed Huntress

However,

The video shows 32 batteries neatly falling out, without them having been
connected their positive and negative poles in any way to each other, to
create one continuous battery.

Obviously a hoax.

Well, my first thought was that he must have cut off all of the connections
first, for the dramatic effect, but who knows. Next time I have a dead
lantern battery (there's one around here somewhere) I'll open it up and see
what's inside.

--
Ed Huntress

I opened a damaged Energiser 6 V lantern battery a few months ago,
and it had four large cells in it.

Oh dear Crom...two Liberals lost their entire cognitive powers.
Industrial accidents can be horrible. Brrr.

I wonder if they even noticed the loss?

Gunner