Posted to uk.d-i-y
Cicero Cicero is offline

Default Mounting horizontal radiator vertically... is it possible?

On Mon, 24 Sep 2007 11:32:41 +0000, Andrew Gabriel wrote:

In article ,
Cicero writes:
The double panel radiators sold by Wickes (own brand) have a clear 1/2"
gap between the fins so that if one of these were to be turned on its
side there would still be a vertical air flow path heated by the fins.
I'm not suggesting that you use one of these because they have some
disadvantages for your purpose (e.g. two bleed valves at opposite ends,
no 300mm version etc.) but you might look at other brands to see if they
have the same clear air gap between fins. Output would obviously be
reduced but possibly not unacceptably so.

---------------------------------

You can get what I think my plumbers merchant called a one-and-a-half
panel radiator. It's a double panel radiator but made slimmer by not
having any fins on one of the panels, which would work better in the wrong
orientation. They are the Type HF in the Ultraheat link I posted earlier.

You're right - pictured he

http://www.inspiredheating.co.uk/aca...RADIATORS.html

Cic.
--