Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Mounting horizontal radiator vertically... is it possible?

In article ,
Cicero writes:
The double panel radiators sold by Wickes (own brand) have a clear 1/2"
gap between the fins so that if one of these were to be turned on its side
there would still be a vertical air flow path heated by the fins. I'm not
suggesting that you use one of these because they have some disadvantages
for your purpose (e.g. two bleed valves at opposite ends, no 300mm version
etc.) but you might look at other brands to see if they have the same
clear air gap between fins. Output would obviously be reduced but possibly
not unacceptably so.

You can get what I think my plumbers merchant called a
one-and-a-half panel radiator. It's a double panel radiator
but made slimmer by not having any fins on one of the
panels, which would work better in the wrong orientation.
They are the Type HF in the Ultraheat link I posted earlier.

--
Andrew Gabriel