Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mike Mike is offline

Default Mounting horizontal radiator vertically... is it possible?

In article ,
"Newshound" wrote:

I'd assumed he was looking at a standard, not a high output. John's right
about having to bodge the hangers too, of course. But I still think if looks
and output aren't critical that it might be good enough for the job.

Thanks for all the replies.

The rad I was looking at was a double rad as that was the only way to
get the needed BTUs. I'd imagined bolting a bar across the existing
brackets to create a new hanging bracket.

I looked at sites of major manufacturers like Stelrad and Myson and they
don't seem to do narrow tall ones - not to the extent I'd need anyway.
Is it likely there are special-order items available through merchants
that they just don't mention?

The Ultraheat sounds interesting and I may drop them an email but I'd
prefer something taller and off-the-shelf.

What percentage of heat output is actually tied to convector fins? The
old school-style rads seemed to pump out plenty without fins.