Posted to uk.d-i-y
Chris J Dixon Chris J Dixon is offline

Default Tools for Vented Dryer Hole in the Wall

asalcedo wrote:

I need to drill a 105 mm diameter hole in a masonry wall 300 mm thick.
It is for the installation of a Miele vented dryer.
All I have is a 750W Bosch SDS Plus drill and some long enough drill
bits
What other bits and pieces do I need?
I guess I need one of these:
http://tinyurl.com/yvfp9d
and one of these:
http://tinyurl.com/2ckkbt

You can do it much easier (and cheaper) than that.

If you look around you should be able to get a through-wall
fitting kit, which includes a round to square converter to go on
the inside wall, a rectangular duct roughly half a brick in
section, and an external louvred cover.

All you have to do is measure carefully, chop out half a brick on
the outside, use a long masonry drill to mark the 4 corners, then
chop out inside. I didn't even need to make good the plaster,
the interior plate easily covered everything.

Chris
--
Chris J Dixon Nottingham UK

Have dancing shoes, will ceilidh.