Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] jvminnick@gmail.com is offline

Default Newly Installed Light on Ceiling Fan Doesn't Work

I just installed a lighting kit on an existing ceiling fan but it
doesn't turn on. I connected the white wires together and the black
wire to the blue wire per instructions. There's a light switch and a
fan control dial on the wall. We use the fan control dial; I always
assumed the switch was to control a light on the fan since it doesn't
operate anything else in the room, but now I'm not so sure.

I have tried every combination of pulling the chain on the celing fan
and flipping switches and I cannot get anything to happen. I tested
the bulb and it is good. The fan seems to work fine. Anyone have any
ideas?

Thanks!
John