Posted to alt.home.repair
Speedy Jim Speedy Jim is offline

Default maytag water heater

Eric wrote:
My current tank type HW heater is about 11 years old. I'm going to replace
it. I've been reading up on Natural Gas water heaters. I had the
opportunity to spend 2 weeks in a house with a tankless and while its ok,
and probably cheaper to run it has its quirks. At first i thought i might go
with it but after 2 weeks both me and my wife could see it wasnt as smooth
and steady as a tank type water heater and there is a longer delay getting
hot water out of the faucet than with a tank type. So, I've pretty much
decided I want to buy the Maytag HRN112 40X (or 50x) but I cant seem to find
a place to buy one online. Also, Maytags store locator is useless...
Any ideas?
Thanks
Eric

Why Maytag? AO Smith, Rheem, Bradford White all make good ones.

Pop by the Big Box and see what's available and how long
warranty periods are.

Ji