Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Christian Skrajewski Christian Skrajewski is offline

Default Unknown Zener-Diode ???

Hello,
I've got a problem. A friend of mine managed to plug in the power supply
of his external harddrive upside down, which damaged both, harddrive and
usb-interface. Now I'm trying to repair at least the harddisk, which has
short-circuit in the 5V-supply-line, caused by a defective Zener-Diode. As
it is an SMD-Diode it has no value written on it, but :

GE
R610

If I had to guess, I would say it is a 5.1V, but I'm not sure. So can
anybody help me. BTW the harddrive is a Seagate Barracuda 320GB/7200rpm.

Thanks in advance

Chris