Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Lifting the rear of a pickup truck to level it out/Van Spare carrier

On Sun, 23 Sep 2007 22:52:31 GMT, Jim Chandler wrote:

Any suggestions would be appreciated. My best customer commented on it
Friday..made an unfavorable comparison between an illegal immigrant
brick layer going down the highway with a load of bricks......

Gunner

See if you can find a spring shop in your vicinity and have the springs
re-arched. That should bring it up a bit. Leaf springs, as I'm sure
you know, tend to sag a bit with use and a good shop can bring them back
to almost good as new. Did that with my Pinto race car and what a
difference it made in handling. Also, weigh out the load you are
carrying, it may be heavier than you think. Spring boosters, also known
as load levellers are available at most auto parts stores. Good luck.

Jim Chandler
Apple Valley, cA

Thanks Jim.

To the best of my knowlege.this truck has spent the last 100,000 miles
with nothing heavier in it than a cross bed pickup bed tool box behind
the cab. I originally thought the miss matched tires were the
culprit..but now that Ive a matching set all the way around..it still
sits ass down, even empty.

Gunner
who has already put 8,000 miles on her.