Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Rumm John Rumm is offline

Default 190mm Circular saw recommendations

mark wrote:

Bosch GKS65 £116
Skil 5866 Skilsaw classic £81
Hitachi C7U2 £112

All specs are similar, Skil is a bit cheaper but is the build quality as
good as the others? Bosch has no hard card, just a bag but Lawsons have it
at a good price compared to others.

Skil is owned by Bosch these days, and tends to be a mid price offering.
Quality is often better than the Bosch green tools, but perhaps not as
good as the Blue ones. It does represent good value for money though.

I have used the large version of the Hitachi (the C9U) and would rate it
as the best circular saw I have used. It has a high quality cast sole
plate that keeps the whole thing rigid, and square. Controls operate
nicely, and are sensibly positioned.

I have not tried the Bosch, so can't comment much other than to say the
sole plate looks reasonable from the photos.

--
Cheers,

John.