Posted to alt.home.repair
Steve Barker LT[_2_] Steve Barker LT[_2_] is offline

Default Outlet position according to code.

Company rule, not "law". And he was out of line. Also, why would the cover
plate screws work loose? I've never seen one work loose in my life.

"Terry" wrote in message
ps.com...
It was required by the person who brought us our paychecks.

The reason he gave was that a metal item falling down the wall would
hit the ground plug instead of the hot if the cord was not fully
plugged in. (We also used stainless steel receptacle covers and the
screws do work loose)

"They" said it was a requirement in "patient care areas" Dunno if it
was local or where it came from, but it was law for us.