Posted to alt.home.repair
asmurff asmurff is offline

Default help me to choose a drill on a budget

After reading most of these replies I'll add my other 2 cents worth. If you
are only going to own one drill a cordless has more versatility than a
corded...

--
Watch for the bounce.
If ya didn't see it, ya didn't feel it.
wrote in message
ps.com...
As a new homewner I need a drill/driver for occasional weekend use. I
am on the budget $100 but the less I spend the better if quality is
sufficient for my tasks.
The options I've been looking at are
1) 18v Skil 2887, $79 (or 59 refurbished)
2) Panasonik EY6405FQKW, $99
3) Ryobi 18V Reconditioned $75

Any other options? I realize it would be a waste to buy anything pro
in my case. I want the drill to last however. So based on reviews
Panasonic is aa clear winner but does it worth extra $?