Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Brent Brent is offline

Default OT - Upgrading Computers

On Sep 23, 9:35 am, Dave Hinz wrote:
On Sun, 23 Sep 2007 03:11:50 -0700, Brent wrote:
On Sep 23, 3:05 am, Abrasha wrote:

Thanks
I know i'm nuts but i was pretty sure i remembered reading the
draconian EULA and i'm glad my memory didnt fail me

Well, going from:
"The first user of the software may reassign the license to another
device one time. If you reassign the license, that other device becomes
the 'licensed device.'"
to:
"You may install one copy of the software on the licensed device. You
may use the software on up to two processors on that device at one time.
Except as provided in the Storage and Network Use (Ultimate edition)
sections below, you may not use the software on any other device."

I don't see how either of them said you couldn't re-install on the same
device. The old language just says that if you put it on a second
device, then the first is no longer licensed - says nothing about having
to rebuy if you reinstall.

Don't get me wrong - I'm not in the fan club and despise Microsoft for
so many reasons but, if this is the license language people are
objecting to, it doesn't say what I think you said it's saying, if you
see what I'm saying.

the original version was a lot more explicit about the transfer
requiring another purchase and that you did not own a copy but an
"instance" of vista

so instead of owning a COPY to use one at a time infinite times you
owned an instance and one reactivation then you were being force to
rebuy as per the original vista EULA