Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

Default GE Dishwasher life expectancy?

On Sun, 23 Sep 2007 01:07:38 -0000, JLF wrote:

On Sep 22, 4:15 pm, "Pete C." wrote:

In my opinion, it is worth spending 30 minutes on. It should take about
5 minutes to unhook and pull it out from under the counter. In the
remaining 25 min, if you can't identify and resolve a problem such as
debris in the pump, a mouse jamming a pulley (don't laugh, I had an
electric car radiator fan jammed by a big honkin' cicada) or similar,
just replace it, they're too cheap to spend any more time on. Go buy
another for the $300 at whatever local place you prefer, spend the 30
min to install it, and forget about it for another 15 years.

Thanks -- I'll give it a look but also start window shopping.

BTW, I don't think you have the same problem at all, but my drainage
problem was a chicken bone in the vacuum break on the sink. Assuming
the new dishwasher used a vacuum break too, I probably would have just
connected it to the old one, whose chrome cap looked good as new, and
whose plastic insides looked almost as good as new, and then the new
one wouldn't work either. I hope I'd be smart enough to figure out
that it was one of the 2 or 3 parts I didn't replace.

J.