Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

Default GE Dishwasher life expectancy?

On Sat, 22 Sep 2007 15:53:40 -0700, "
wrote:

On Sep 22, 6:38?pm, Meat Plow wrote:
On Sat, 22 Sep 2007 22:26:27 +0000, JLF wrote:
Today my almost 15-year old GE Potscrubber 1100 seems to have stopped
working. The motor didn't seem to start. I can faintly hear it trying,
but nothing happens. The detergent compartment opened and the bottom
seemed to fill half-way with warm water, but nothing beyond that
happened...

Do I need to buy a new one?

Any suggestions?

Mine would be replace it.

check for debris in pump, replace dont fix at that age its a loser,

clearing a stuck pump is worth it.

some new dishwashers have extra deep baskets, you can find them the
kick panel is very small in height. I just bough a whirpool they are
the only maker to have silverware in the door, saving space in the
main part of the washer. new dishawshers heat the water which is nice

My Kenmore dishwasher is 28 years old and it heats the water. I think
it uses the same heater that it would use to dry the pots, if I didn't
just air-dry them.

This was actually a problem when the thing wouldn't drain. I kept
running it through the same part of the cycle, 7 to 10 times, and
didn't realize that the water, the same water, was getting hotter and
hotter and hotter, and eventually it melted a bit one of my two
favorite plastic salad bowls. Another two runs the whole thing
might have been a lump.