Posted to alt.home.repair
No Name

Default Elec code question

"Clark" wrote in message
kjpro @ usenet.com wrote in news:d7073$46f3d805$9440c41e$30006
@STARBAND.NET:

"Clark" wrote in message
kjpro @ usenet.com wrote in news:14698$46f09249$9440c41e$8159
@STARBAND.NET:

wrote in message
Does code require the receptacle for a over-the-range microwave to

be
GFI
protected? (Seems to me like it would be a good idea because one

may
frequently be touching the microwave and the grounded range - or is

it
sufficient to depend on the microwave ground being intact at all

times?)

Anyway the main question is, "Doec the code require a GFI here?"

No

It does is it is near the sink.

But you knew that. Right? I'm sure you'll say so anyway.

Once again, you show you're ignorance.
Try purchasing a NEC2005 and learn to read.

You're still wrong. Could the receptacle serve the counter? Is it within 6
feet of a wet location? If those conditions are met then an inspector
should require protection. Got it?

I got the fact that you don't understand NEC codes.