JTMcC

Default Changing a light bulb on R.C.M

"Tom Gardner" wrote in message
.com...
How many rec.crafts.metalworking members does it takes to change a light
bulb?

3 to point out that it is Bill Gates fault that the bulb burned out in the
first place.

3 more to blame Ronald Reagan.

30 to blame Bush.

About 12 to complain about outsourcing to India, and ask if anyone knows of
any programing jobs.

1 lone soul to blame Bill Clinton.

1 nut to say that we are destroying the planet to generate electricity to
power your light bulb, and you should replace it with an organic candle.

Several to decry the light bulb industry for the "obscene" markup on
lightbulbs.

1 to explain how to weld the fillament back together. (with a 110 volt wire
feeder of course).

928 to insist that only a Miller 110 volt wire feeder will do the job.

1002 to insist that it must be a Lincoln.

2 to ask if flux core wire will work.

1 old timer to recomend hammer welding the thing.

8 guys to say they have oxy/acy welded thousands of fillaments back
together.

121 to comment that "if you can't TIG it, then stay on the porch".

6 to ask if they can TIG it with CO2, so they don't have to buy another
bottle.

347 people to debate weather you can buy, or have to lease a big argon
cylinder.

13 to decry the use of "made in china" light bulbs.

a couple more to blame it all on Gates.

1 to link to his ebay auction of light bulbs.

6 to call that ebay guy a spammer.

1 guy to describe how he powers his light bulbs with a home made VW diesel
running on bio diesel fuel.

and, 2,379 to say "I don't know about light bulbs, I've never owned a light
bulb, never seen a light bulb nor changed one...... BUT, here is what I
would do....".

JTMcC.